Orchard Primary School
|4664 Kidder Rd.
Almont, MI 48003
Full Day: 8:25-3:37 / Half Day: 8:25-12:07
|Penny Kentish McWilliams, Principal
Susan Downing, Secretary
Student Population: 535 (includes Preschool)
Grade Configuration: BK - 4
Office Hours: 8:00 - 4:00
at Almont Middle School
$10/child ($5.00/child for additional children in the same family)
Forms and money are due Tuesday, 11/26/13
(Forms were sent home with students last week)
Questions? Please contact Mrs. VonHiltmayer at 810-673-9402
At Orchard Primary We Believe:
Learning is a lifelong process.
- All people need and deserve to be treated with care, dignity and respect.
- Our school will provide a safe, caring and orderly environment.
- Each child is a unique individual and learns in different ways to succeed.
- Authentic self-esteem accelerates learning and achievement.
- The quality of our learning community is dependent on the time, effort and cost invested.
- Each child shares responsibility for his/her own learning and actions.
- Every person has the opportunity to learn with an active partnership between the school, the student, the home, and the community.
Help Your Child Succeed!!
How to Help Your Child Succeed in School
How to Help Your Child Succeed in Reading
How to Help Your Child Succeed in Math
How to Help Your Child Succeed with Homework
National PTA Parents Guide to Student Success
Parent Roadmaps to the Common Core Standards- English Language Arts and Math
The Council of the Great City Schools' parent roadmaps in English language arts/literacy and Math provide guidance to parents about what their children will be learning and how they can support that learning in grades K-8. These parent roadmaps for each grade level also provide three-year snapshots showing how selected standards progress from year to year so that students will be college and career ready upon their graduation from high school.
http://www.cgcs.org/Page/328 Language Arts
Almont Community Schools are committed to helping all students become responsible, independent, caring and contributing members of a changing society.
Every student will achieve acdemic and personal success.